Ever wondered what safeguarding is? Or how you would know if someone you work or know might be suffering from abuse or neglect? Ever wondered what you could say to them or where you could go to help them? What are your responsibilities as an individual, a group or a volunteer when it comes to keeping vulnerable adults and children safe. If you have ever asked any of these questions, this free training is for you.
- It will give you an introduction to safeguarding
- Who safeguarding is for
- How to recognise the signs that someone might be being abused
- Give you an introduction on what to do if someone discloses abuse or you suspect abuse might be happening
- Introduce you to what the safeguarding team can and can’t do to protect people
- Explain what your responsibilities are as a community group, a volunteer, staff member or member of the public to help keep people safe
This training is free to join but there is a cost to us to deliver it, so please if you sign up and can’t make it please let us know so we can offer your place to someone who can attend. For all of our training we need a minimum of 10 participants and may need to cancel if we have insufficient interest.