Ever wondered what safeguarding is? Or how you would know if someone you work or know might be suffering from abuse or neglect? Ever wondered what you could say to them or where you could go to help them? What are your responsibilities as an individual, a group or a volunteer when it comes to keeping vulnerable adults and children safe. If you have ever asked any of these questions, this free training is for you.
- It will give you an introduction to safeguarding
- Who safeguarding is for
- How to recognise the signs that someone might be being abused
- Give you an introduction on what to do if someone discloses abuse or you suspect abuse might be happening
- Introduce you to what the safeguarding team can and can’t do to protect people
- Explain what your responsibilities are as a community group, a volunteer, staff member or member of the public to help keep people safe