Facilitated by Lisa Cunningham
Recruiting, Retaining, and Managing Volunteers is absolutely key to our success – look at the amazing difference made by volunteers throughout lockdown. Volunteers are the lifeblood of our charities and as money becomes tighter, their role is more and more important in supporting us to achieve our mission.
SCVS are offering you, the leaders and managers of our local charities, the opportunity to attend, via Zoom, two training sessions to provide information and guidance on recruiting, retaining, and managing volunteers.
The two sessions will be offered as a series, but you are welcome to attend just one if you feel that will help you most.
Part 1 on Tuesday 28th September 2021 at 10am. 1.5 hours session is Recruiting Volunteers and will include:
- Recruiting new volunteers – your team for the future
- Identifying the right people for the right roles
- Writing an interesting and attractive role description
- Attracting volunteers with the skills, experience, and passion your group needs
- Preparing volunteers for their role and your organisation to onboard them
Part 2 on Tuesday 5th October 2021 at 10am. 1.5 hours session is Retaining and Managing Volunteers and will include:
- Providing induction and guidance for volunteers
- Supporting volunteers to help them recognise their value
- Retaining volunteers
- Managing volunteers and ensure that everything they do for your group is legal
- Ensuring that everything you and your charity do with volunteers is legal and does not compromise the service you offer
- Recognising volunteer commitment by providing them with a worthwhile, safe, and legal environment
- Say thank you
You can really make a difference!